Yellowstone Cross-Country Skiing Tours
Enjoy Winter, X-Country Ski Yellowstone!
Yellowstone Cross country skiing is a classic winter past time that gives people the freedom to move quietly along the winter landscape of the National Park. Miles upon miles of groomed trails and tracks provide enough terrain to service x-country skiers of different skill levels and abilities. Whether you are a first time skier that is new to the sport or an avid cross-country enthusiast, we can design the perfect winter adventure in Yellowstone. Get outside and enjoy winter in a brand new way!
Guided Cross-country Ski Tour Details and Itinerary
The day will start with a pick up from your place of lodging. Entering through the Yellowstone Park's north entrance in Gardiner, MT, we will drive to the appropriate x-country Ski route or snowshoe trail. We utilize trails in northern Yellowstone between Mammoth Hot Springs to the northeast entrance near Cooke City, MT. During the day, your private guide will instruct on the fundamentals of the chosen activity. We like everyone to feel safe and comfortable! Throughout the day, learn about the winter ecology, history, geology, and all aspects of Yellowstone. Plus, the winter is a great chance to see wildlife. Contact Yellowstone Guidelines to learn more about our privately guided x-country ski tours in Yellowstone National Park!
I am too old to to know how to review on Yelp.
We thoroughly enjoyed our day with Gabriel skiing. He was friendly, flexible and knowledgeable. We had taken a wildlife tour earlier in the week but learned so much more with Gabriel on the ski tour!
Thank you for a great day for me and my family!
|Frances Herbert - December 2021|
Cross Country Ski Trails Options in Yellowstone:
- Tower Area - Located near the Lamar Valley, the Tower area provides trails of all shapes and sizes. Ski to Tower Fall and sections of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, witness ancient geology with the Petrified Tree Trail, or test your backcountry skills along the Lost Lake route.
- Northeast Ski Trails - The snow is deep in Yellowstone's northeast corner making it a haven for skiers. Check out the Baronnette Ski Trail, Bannock Ski Trail or test your skills along the backcountry route of Pebble Creek.
- Mammoth Area - The park headquarters has a series of trails from an easy moderate loop around the terraces of Mammoth Hot Springs to the Snow Pass Trail an points beyond, including Swan Lake Flats and Indian Creek Trail.
Guided Yellowstone Cross-country Ski Pricing:
- $700 for 1 to 2 people
- $750 for 3 to 4 people
- $75 for each additional person
- All rates are daily, not per person
In addition to Cross-country ski trips, we offer guided snowshoeing tours and winter wolf watching. Make it a complete visit to Yellowstone in the winter.
If you have any questions, concerns, and curious about activity availability, please contact us.
Contact Us For Availability and Trip Details